Higher Ground Books & Media
Tell us your story...
Higher Ground Books & Media is an independent Christian-based publisher designed to provide a platform from which selected authors may share their stories. The ultimate goal of this company is not to provide authors with a place to promote themselves, but to provide them with a place where they can share their stories of triumph and in doing so, glorify God.
We are a unique publishing company and will be seeking authors whose work is inspirational, motivational, or educational. We are especially interested in Memoirs and Personal Testimony. No erotica or horror, please. Also, we are currently only accepting submissions written in English.
Prospective authors should first submit for a short summary of their book, intended audience, author biography, and initial ideas for your marketing platform as well as 1-2 sample chapters. Submit your proposal online using our Contact Us form or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The author should retain a copy of any material submitted as Higher Ground Books & Media cannot assume responsibility for the receipt, security, or return of such material.
We carefully review every submission, so please allow four to six weeks for a response. We WILL respond whether or not we decide to offer you a publishing contract.
Our submission guidelines are listed below:
1. We are currently only accepting electronic submissions (ie. Microsoft Word files). For books with photos or artwork, if your book is accepted you will be required to submit photos or artwork within the guidelines stated in the author contract.
2. Use a single, clear font, 12 point size. The best to use is Courier or Courier New.
3. Use clear black text on a white background.
4. Include your name and contact information at the top left of the first page. Put an accurate word count at the top right.
5. If you write under a pseudonym, put that beneath the title but your real name in the top left of the first page.
6. Left-justify your paragraphs. Right margins should be “ragged”. Ensure there is at least a 1 inch margin all the way around your text.
We look forward to reading your submission.